Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gettng Help

So I started grief therapy two weeks ago. Not much has changed in the two weeks, but I feel good about the therapy and the therapist. I was afraid to reach out to a total stranger, but she is amazing. She was so warm, caring and kind. I could see the sympathy (not pity) in her every facial expression and she just genuinely seemed to care. She thinks she can help me tackle my grief and then later we will work on my birthday cake eating issues.

One of the most AWESOME parts of having a therapist is I can cry, and snot everywhere, and not worry about making the other person uncomfortable. Normally, I cry a few minutes but try to get it under control. I know I am making someone uncomfortable. But with her, I know she's not, and we talk through it. It feels good to be snotty and gross with someone. I'm not a loner, and don't like grieving alone. It has been hard not having brother or sister, or really anyone to through this with.


IN WLS news, I have finished my insurance required 6 month supervised weight loss trial, and have my first appointment with my surgeon tomorrow! It will still be several months before surgery, as have other requirements, but I am excited to take the next step. I've also started to go, albeit sporadically, to the gym. The hubs has even joined with me. Hoping to be half marathon training again by this time next year! :D Or maybe I'll wait until October, as this humidity is fierce.

1 comment:

  1. Huge thumbs up for finding a good therapist. There is something really great about being snotty and teary and just getting it all out. I hope she woks wonders for you!

    ReplyDelete