Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Second Chances

I want a second chance.

I know I got myself into this mess of obesity, but I need help getting out. I've tried and tried, and failed and failed. I just want a second chance. A chance to do it right. A chance at health, feeling good, mobility, activeness, life.

I wish others could see it as that. I feel so many view WLS with such negativity, such harshness, such judgment. I get it. I DID this to myself. I am human. I messed up. But I don't want to live with the consequences of it forever. I refuse to punish myself, hate myself, or judge myself anymore. I am a child of God, I make mistakes, but God forgives me, and thus, I do too. I am fat, but I am not less than.

I am a daughter, wife, mother and friend. I am funny, kind and strong. I am compassionate and feisty. I am good peeps. Most of the time.

I'm ready for this.

Sept fourth, get here!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Everyone deserves a second chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting how people judge WLS. Like you said...we get it...we did this to ourselves...why the bad rap for trying to fix it? I'll never understand that.

    Glad you are READY! Super excited for you.

    ReplyDelete