Sunday, July 21, 2013

Exactly What I Need to Do



I saw this image on Facebook today, and boy did it kick me in the pants.

I NEED to stop talking/crying/whining/writing about my problems, and start thinking about the solutions.

That means:

1. I need to make grief counseling a priority, as I keep putting it off. I am on a waiting list but there are things I could do to make it happen faster.

2. I am very out of shape, just walking is work at this point. SO, solution, START WALKING MORE.

3. I need to continue researching WLS and make a DECISION on what I want to do, so I can start preparing myself and my family.

4. I need to stop feeling isolated and lonely in my grief and START reaching out to friends more. I don't need to wait for them to check on me, I can tell them what I need!

5. I am lonely without my mom. Solution, start working on building relationships with others to help fill that void. Honor her memory, but get what I need from those that are still here.

6. My anxiety has been paralyzing at times. I am on more medications so that is part of a solution, but I also need to use prayer and meditation more to help with this. I know when I use meditation combined with essential oils I am able to calm down, so I know this solution works. So then why don't I do it DAILY?



So there, I am thinking of solutions for these pains/problems in my life. At least for this MOMENT. Will I have set backs? Uh, for sure. But at the end of the day, I need to be working on how to get better, both physically, emotionally and spiritually. Staying in this place of pain is not good. It isn't good for me or my family. It isn't good for anything. It doesn't honor my mother or celebrate her life.

What are some problems you have in life, that you feel it is time to start finding solutions for?

3 comments:

  1. Loving that list! Which one(s) will you tackle first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grief counseling and walking! Thank you! I'm such a fan of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, I love the quote too. So true.

    ReplyDelete