Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Oh the humiliation

of being obese!

I usually am not ashamed of my appearance. I don't worry what others think of my size. I don't like being fat, but I don't worry if others notice. I mean, it is what it is. Every once in a while I get worried about it, if I am seeing someone who hasn't seen me in a long time, but really, overall, I'm fine.

But today. Oh today I had to get a chest x-ray as part of the pre-op procedure. A chest x-ray includes standing up, with NO BRA on. And letting a person take pictures. Now you do have a gown on. But let me tell you, when you wear a 42J a gown ain't hiding much.
In case you aren't sure what a 42J looks like, here ya go!


Now don't worry if you know me in person. That is NOT MY ACTUAL bra. ;)

Anyway, enough about the girls. here's the real kicker. The tech was oh so handsome! Mid to late twenties, tall, curly hair, gorgeous smile, lovely personality. Oh ten years ago. . . wait, I was married ten years ago. Edit that to oh 15 years ago. . . Anyway, I had to let them hang low, while he pushed me up against a board and then, horror of horrors, I had to turn side ways. There was no hiding the damage then. All in all, I was so embarrassed, but this guy was so nice about it. Perfect bedside manner.

He asked me what type of surgery I was having, and I said, "Gastric Bypass, so cute boys like you will look twice at me. But don't, because I'm a married woman." He chuckled. And then let me go put my bra back on.

1 comment: