Sunday, January 5, 2014

That Ole Plan Saying

Failure to plan is a plan to failure. Yeah that one. It's TRUE. I guess that is how sayings become sayings.


Lately we've had zero plans, so we eat junk. When you are starving, frozen pizza is way easier than cutting up veggies. Taco Bell beats going home and making lunch. And sitting on the sofa, why, it is soooo much easier than going to the gym.

Honestly, it is like I've said to heck with it. We have eaten horribly for the past month and gotten in little to no exercise.

It's bad. Like I went to the mall with a girlfriend the other day, and walking from store to store was tiring. And we only went to like four. Pitiful.

I went on a cruise, and walking to the dining room exhausted me. :sighs: :smk: :biggest eye roll on the freaking planet:

My mom and I used to sing this little song when I was a kid. We really got into it, yelling and acting all crazy. We were like that. A lot. That's one of the best memories I have of my mom. WE would snuggle in bed and sing and act all crazy. Once we lived in an apartment, and we were having so much fun, the manage came and said we needed to quiet down. Ha! We snuggled loud. We loved loud. We lived loud.

The song:

Chooty Chooty Bang Bang,
Look at Tara (or whoever) do her thang!

--I can't!

Uh, why not?

--I just can't!

Uh WHY NOT????

--My back hurts,
My skirt's too tight!
My bootay shakes from the left,
To the right,
From the left and to the right!

I swear, that is the definition of me. My back hurts, my clothes are too tight, and I have most certainly not been able to do my THANG! Whatever that might be.

So it's time to plan.

I meal planned breakfast, lunch and dinner for the week for EVERYONE! Yes ,there are some meals where my child gets other food. I'm not a parenting genius, that's for sure.

I have chore lists for the house, plus the Motivated Mom's app on my phone.

I am charging my Fitbit and challenging my steps. Hi Ruby!

I am going to the gym on TUESDAY and THRUSDAY, no matter what.

I have a plan. The plan, may not be perfect, or intense or amazing. But the plan, is definitely not a plan to failure.

Chooty Chooty Bang Bang, look at Tara do her Thang!
I miss you mom. It's a lot harder without you, and not any fun. But I'm going to try. And first thing tomorrow, Mia is learning to sing Chooty Chooty Bang Bang!

3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that song and plan on making up my own tune to sing it with my daughter. We do stuff like that too. :). And good plan. Now that it's written down I can check in on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fun song! I loved seeing your progress face pic! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chooty Chooty Bang Bang to you!!! You got this Tara, you are so much stronger than you know!

    ReplyDelete